Introductions

Excerpts: Sharp left Turn 

        Meet Easton Wilder and Trystan Ashby

          Chapter 1

A knock interrupts our playful moment. I look up. “Maddox.” I smile to hide my confusion. “Did we have an appointment?”

He holds up a white paper bag. “I was just bringing lunch, if that’s okay.”

I motion to Tasha, who’s just finished grabbing our trash. “I’m sorry. Tasha and I were just finishing up.”

“Oh,” he says, his shoulders slumping. “Do you mind if I sit for a minute?”

Tasha deposits the trash into the bin and turns to exit my office. “Hi, Maddox,” she says as she passes him before sending me a lifted brow over his shoulder. 

Chapter 4

Weston, who’s always been overly emotional, basically snatches me from David’s grasp so he can offer his own hug. His voice is on the verge of tears as he speaks. “Cam looks so heartbreaking lying in there. Ryder and I came as soon as we heard.” He pulls away and holds me at arms-length. “What can we do to help?”

“Actually, there is something,” I say, hooking my arm around his side and turning us to face the rest of the group. “All of you. If you could follow me inside, I’ll ask David to explain.”

As we enter Cam’s room, two more faces greet me. Ryder, who I expected, but the other is a welcome surprise. Amelia is perched on the edge of Cam’s bed, brushing her fingers through his hair. She gets up and rushes toward me with wet cheeks, while Weston does practically the same to Ryder. 

Chapter 6

I chuckle as I move from the wall and take the clipboard from Brandon’s hand, looking over the list. My eyes narrow when they land on a certain ingredient. “What the fuck is this?” I snap, turning my glare to Jim. “I didn’t order any ingredients from China.”

Jim throws up his hands. “As I told him, I’m just the delivery guy.”

“Is that so?” I ask, shoving the clipboard back to Brandon and stepping closer to Jim. “Well deliver this whole order back where it came from. Inform the suppliers that I’ll find a company who can meet my needs.”

“But, sir—”

“Save it,” Brandon barks. “You heard him. Load it all back on the truck.”

Chapter 9

Approaching her, I leave only centimeters between our bodies. “Is this what you really want, Easton? You’re sure about this?” I ask softly.

She doesn’t shrink back but looks at me with fierce determination. “I’m willing to do whatever it takes.”

I push even closer still, backing her into the wall. My hands find her hips and my lips lower to her neck. They skim up―goosebumps rise as a whimper escapes. I meet her eyes. “Whatever it takes,” I agree, returning my lips to her neck.

“No, no, this isn’t what I meant.” Her mouth protests, but her body complies. She cranes, inviting me closer.

“Isn’t it?” I whisper, allowing my tongue to leave a trail of fire along her already heated skin. My knee slides between her legs as my hands start their journey up her luscious curves, pulling her even closer. 

No space left between us.

“I … I …” she breathes out, unable to communicate more.

“Shhh, Easton, I’ve got you,” I soothe, all the while seducing her with my body. 

Chapter 11

Weston’s eyes widen slightly, and it only takes a moment before I feel his presence behind me. Trystan’s hand launches into the empty space. “Hi. I’m Trystan Ashby, and you are?”

“Oh, my,” Weston says, his hand landing on his chest. I’d laugh if my nerves weren’t already so frayed. Guess it runs in the family.

Ryder takes Trystan’s hand, shaking his head at Weston. “Don’t mind him. The name’s Ryder Logan, Easy’s business partner, and this here’s her Irish Twin, Weston Wilder.”

Weston gasps and pushes Ryder’s hand aside so he can latch onto Trystan. “I can introduce myself.” Pumping like mad, he says, “I’m Weston. And it sure is a pleasure meeting you.”

Trystan chuckles, and it’s like the sun just appeared over the horizon. Weston’s eyes light up. “Easy,” he says, still holding Trystan’s hand. “Where have you been hiding this hunk of man?” 

Chapter 14

He tried to kiss me, thank you very much,” I say, jabbing myself in the chest with my pointer finger. “I stopped it.”

She sits back and crosses her arms. Her shrewd eyes are boring into me so seriously that I feel as if she might reach in and take the information she wants. “How far did it go exactly?” she asks, her voice firm.

I shrug one shoulder, making it seem as if it isn’t a big deal. “Our lips barely touched.”

“And?” Her eyes haven’t moved, and she even adds a brow lift for good measure.

“And it was freaking hot.” I smirk and lift my chin, daring her to chastise me.

Her dark brown eyes go from serious to nosy-excited in the blink of an eye, and she almost shivers as she leans back forward. “Tell me!” she demands. “I knew there was more.”

Just as I open my mouth, though, a throat clears in the doorway. Amelia and I both jump and snap our heads toward the intruder. Intruders. Trystan and Cooper have returned, and judging by the smirk Trystan’s sporting, I can’t be sure he didn’t overhear us.

I hope you enjoyed!

A note:

This is just a taste from Book 1 of the Sharp Turn Saga ... Sharp Left Turn. A small sampling of what I mean when I say that it has been completely revamped. I'm over 2/3 into book 2, and I can definitely say that as the story moves forward, the changes become more substantial--while, I hope, retaining those specific things you loved about it before. SLT is 15 chapters and about 57k words. 

It should be open for pre-order later this month for 99 cents. 

One last thing, if you're interested in peeks or any of my OF work, you need to follow this blog or like my author page on FB--FayeByrdFiction--as this is the last post I will advertise on my FF pages. I truly suck at self-promotion and don't want to feel like I'm shoving something down your throat. 

Leave me a comment if you have any thoughts :) 

Comments

  1. Looking forward to seeing this come out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sneak peeks. Please keep us updated on when it comes up for pre-order. I can't wait. I'm so thrilled for you, my Fyre! Best wishes for a successful run! Love you! {GIANT GRANMA HUGS AND SMOOCHES!}
    - Dee (FangirlinGranma)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Antsy Author

RUSH

Anna Belle Rose